Sample CV: The Functional Approach
We have preciously looked at the pros and cons of writing a functional CV and here is sample:
33 Martha Road
(01 822) 941 77
A highly experienced manager with extensive experience gained from a background in Human Resource Development
Key Skills and Achievements
Man Management/lnterpersonal Skills
- Held a senior management position for a company employing 650 staff.
- Developed excellent communication and motivational skills in successfully managing a team of 8 consultants in achieving objectives and implementing training solutions for Blue Chip organisations.
- Conducted in depth negotiations with union officials in order to increase company profitability through greater efficiency. Demonstrated tact and diplomacy coupled with an ability to remain calm under pressure, in order to achieve a positive outcome.
- Design management and personal development courses for middle to senior managers.
- Deliver training packages to groups ranging from 6 to 60 people.
- Conduct training needs analysis and skills audit for medium to large businesses.
- Work on a one to one basis with senior managers, coaching for improved performance.
Human Resource Development
- Organised the recruitment of 150 temporary staff for Arpley Foods from an initial application of over 2000.
- Implemented an Absenteeism Review Panel which led to a 20% reduction in absenteeism levels within one year.
- Developed amicable working relations with Union officials in order to achieve successful and swift outcomes on IR matters.
2000 - Present Headway Consultants Ltd
1992 - 2000 Arpley Goods Ltd
1991 - 1992 CPF Insurance Services
1988-1991 Bradford University - BA (Hons) in Politics and Economics
1988 Bury Grammar School - 3 'A' Levels in Economics, Politics and History
1986 9 '0' Levels (including Maths and English)
2000 - Present Have received ongoing training with Headway Consultants Ltd in relation to customer care, personal development and strategic management.
2000 Gained Diploma in Training and Development (ITD)
1994 Attained my IPM qualification through open learning.
1994 Completed in-house Management Development programme with Arpley Foods Ltd.
1993 Interview and Selection Course with Saville and Holdsworth.
Membership of Professional Bodies
Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
Status: Married Date of Birth: 4 April 1970
Rugby , tennis and painting