Targeted CV Layout
33 Martha Road
(01822) 94 177
A successful TRAINING CONSLILTANT with extensive experience in working within the finance sector. Gained 1 year's experience in insurance before developing a progressive career in Human Resource Development. Design and deliver training solutions in order to meet client objectives.
- Successfully implemented a Management Appraisal Scheme for a large insurance company employing 800 staff.
- Trained 30 senior bank managers in 'Powerful Presentation Techniques' and 'Successfully Dealing with the Media'.
- Presented a seminar on 'Managing in the 21st Century' at the Royal Institute of Chartered Accountants Conference 1998.
Headway Consultants Ltd 2000 - Present
- Work successfully as part of a team of training consultants providing a range of consultancy services to mainly Blue Chip organisations.
- Design and deliver training courses, including 'Sales and Marketing in the 21st Century', 'Customer Care' and a wide range of management topics.
- Manager a number of key accounts overseeing projects from conception to completion, working to budgets of up to f400k and with a team of up to 8 consultants.
Arpley Foods Ltd 1992 - 2000
- Progressed to position of Assistant Personnel Manager within an organisation employing 650 staff.
- Covered all aspects of the function from recruitment to redundancy.
- Successfully introduced an Absenteeism Review Panel, which led to a 20% reduction in absenteeism levels within a year.
- Negotiated new working practices with Union officials, which led to a 12% increase in production and a manpower reduction of 5%.
CPF Insurance Services 1991 - 1992
- Worked in busy claims department, handling over 1000 claims daily. Involved in assessment and recommendation, frequent contact with senior management and outside agencies.
1988 - 1991 Bradford University - BA (Hons) in Politics and Economics
1988 Bury Grammar School - 3 'A' Levels in Economics, Politics and History
1986 9 '0' Levels (including Maths and English)
2000 - Present Have received ongoing training with Headway Consultants Ltd in relation to customer care, personal development and strategic management.
2000 Gained Diploma in Training and Development (ITD).
1994 Attained my IPM qualification through open learning.
1994 Completed in-house Management Development programme with Arpley Foods Ltd.
1993 Interview and Selection Course with Saville and Holdsworth.
Membership of Professional Bodies
Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
Status: Married Date of Birth: 4 April 1970
Rugby , tennis and painting